Find our most recent stories tagged by their locations. Click here for more story locations.
Posted: 21 Jun 2012 | 8:32 pm
Billionaire Larry Ellison of Oracle has bought one of the Hawaiian islands.
Press reports are rife with the story; the he has acquired 98% of the island of Lanai, with the US state owning the remaining 2%.
According to Forbes Ellison has a net worth of over USD36 billon and is the third richest person in the US.
Market sources are reporting the transaction was over USD500 million.
A column featuring environmental issues and conservation around the island. Click here for more Green Reports check out the latest story from the leading experts:
A recent Channel News Asia television segment Boomtown Asia checked into the island's environmental, and sustainable tourism sectors.
The innovative Evening Breeze environmental cooling system is gaining global attention in the resort markets and villas.
CENTEL 37.00 - 0.75 %
DTC 62.00 + 4.00 %
ERW 5.15 0.00 %
GRAND 1.53 - 0.05 %
LRH 42.00 0.00 %
MANRIN 27.25 0.00 %
MINT 27.50 + 0.50 %
ROH 24.00 0.00 %
SHANG 63.00 - 1.00 %
Library of published hospitality, tourism and property market intelligence.
Hotel Branded Residences in Asia by C9 Hotelworks
PHUKET GAZETTEHow Same-Same Drove me Insane
PROPERTY REPORT SOUTH EAST ASIAWaiting for the Big Sleep