Find our most recent stories tagged by their locations. Click here for more story locations.
Posted: 09 Mar 2012 | 8:54 am
Last night's fire in which one foreign traveler reportedly died at the Grand Mercure Park Avenue Hotel comes on the heels of another tourist death in Phuket.
Wednesday night a tourist was electrocuted at the recently opened Dewa Karon Beach Resort.
Fire and life safety concerns are high in media coverage and Thai officials are reportedly taking a closer look at the sector.
An incident in Bangkok on Saturday saw high-rise Fico Building substantially burned in a large scale fire. According to an article in the Bangkok Post which quoted local sources saying that the fire sprinkler system was inadequate.
In a country which enforcement of safety standards is more often than not a random affair, the increase in accidents is a good reminder for the hospitality sector to closely examine their own policing of individual properties.
A column featuring environmental issues and conservation around the island. Click here for more Green Reports check out the latest story from the leading experts:
A recent Channel News Asia television segment Boomtown Asia checked into the island's environmental, and sustainable tourism sectors.
The innovative Evening Breeze environmental cooling system is gaining global attention in the resort markets and villas.
CENTEL 37.25 - 0.50 %
DTC 59.75 - 0.50 %
ERW 5.30 + 0.05 %
GRAND 1.62 0.00 %
LRH 43.50 + 0.75 %
MANRIN 28.00 + 1.00 %
MINT 27.00 0.00 %
ROH 23.00 + 1.00 %
SHANG 66.00 + 8.00 %
Library of published hospitality, tourism and property market intelligence.
Hotel Branded Residences in Asia by C9 Hotelworks
PHUKET GAZETTEHow Same-Same Drove me Insane
PROPERTY REPORT SOUTH EAST ASIAWaiting for the Big Sleep